Crescent Clinic is composed of a team of physicians, UC Irvine medical students, and UC Irvine undergraduate students who have been working together since 2009 in an effort to establish a free health clinic in South Garden Grove, California. After conducting a health needs assessment of the community, we identified South Garden Grove as the most underserved population in the area that is without a free clinic. Our goal is to fix that, as we believe that health care is a right, not a privilege. No one’s health should be in jeopardy due to a lack of means or resources necessary to attain basic care. Our staff wants nothing more than to aid those who need it most, especially in current times where the financial burdens of rent and feeding a family often outweigh the importance of maintaining one’s health in such communities.
Our Mission Statement
- We will provide continuous aid to low-income and underserved groups regardless of their ability to pay, which includes but is not limited to:
- Screening – for some of the common health problems, such as hypertension and diabetes, which plague these communities
- Education and Prevention – to help decrease health disparities in the future and to emphasize the importance of preventive medicine
- Referral and Follow Up – to ensure that patients can be adequately connected to pre-existing continuity care clinics in Orange County
- We will provide health and social services to all, regardless of race, sex, religion, sexual orientation, and lifestyle. We will not discriminate against any patient.
- We understand and acknowledge that health care and well-being is a right, not a privilege, and that this right encompasses all aspects of the living person.
- Lastly, we will maintain this mission through constant re-evaluation and efforts to improve our services via both introspection and retrospection.